(just an inner monologue)

Sunday, April 6, 2014

It’s amazing that she could have thought there was nothing hard to leave behind, or that it wouldn’t feel like such a separation from her friends and family. She certainly does feel blessed by the new friends and experiences she’s made here. She sees how tenuous this plan really was, to grow to care for another place that couldn’t keep her. It’s highly probable that these feelings are closely tied to the lingering sentiments of Karigan, and that she’s only feeling so listless and unbelonging because she still seeks for things beyond her current boundary. She still thinks there are more things for her beyond this. Is that vanity? Is it ingratitude? Whatever it is, she can physically feel the desire to be in three places at once: the home of her past, present, and future.

"Only hate the road when you’re missing home"

Onwards and Upwards we go~

3 comments:

ktea said...

I enjoy that this is filed under "I HATE FORMATTING"

Karigan refuses to accept her journey for the longest time, but in the end, even despite the perils and the heartache, she finds where she belongs. (Next to a certain kingly figure with almond shaped eyes. At least this is what I hope.)

While your journey may not involve message delivery or royalty, you too get to find where you belong. Who knows, maybe you'll even meet an Amberhill (dread pirate Roberts) to help you along your way~ heheh

It is taking every fiber of my being to resist opening GR1 and disappearing for the next few days.

Ashley~V said...

(I forgot about Amberhill! HOOOWWW?! He had just landed when his story was abruptly cut off!)

That would certainly be a twist none of us would expect, you know, involving royalty ^^; But a pirate is always fun (oh, hey there, Han Solo...)

(I finished GR1 after binge reading at the cost of ignoring everyone here and my house, so I'm resisting opening GR2, because I think after that they're pretty connected...)

ktea said...

It's almost impossible to keep from disappearing into the black hole those books provide and not emerging until days later, half starved and with no sense of lost time.

Only a month until 5 though! *^* If you needed a reason to get lost again...

Post a Comment