Many Sightings but Little Writings

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Various days of travel and excursions have brought our traveler many new sights to her eyes:

In Ishiyama, feeling the textured grey stone
Startling light pouring forth onto the spiritual grounds
Branches stretched upwards beseechingly, practically spilling their color out side of the lines
Bits of moss growing through the cracks in the roofs 
Investigating the crumbled angles together with a friend
(Photo by Professor Thomas)
Tori Gates cleansing spirits as they pass through 
Christening a new life with something that is her own, but others will use more than herself ("Yui")
Streams chiming 
 Paths meandering
Gateways to Distant Worlds
 Voices rising from the past

In Kyoto, the ancient capital, the Aoi Matsuri draws out the crowds
Ashitaka rides forth, head high and on the alert
 Children excitedly beg to be picked up so they can see ("Mitai! Mitai!")
 Ducks laze about the river
 As passersby take a short respite on the banks
 Even on the larger river, that clearly dazzles in the high sun
800+ yr old Campher trees keeping secret their magic forest friends
 Void of sound, yet brilliantly expressing their wisdom to those who listen
Willing to pass through the door
Climbing over any obstacles in the way
 Sharing with her companions the simple things
 And having a soundtrack for everything

3 comments:

ktea said...

I love your pictures, I feel like they catch the magic of the shrines we visited. I especially like the camphor tree ones!

Josh. said...

Mitai! haha

Jenny said...

I love that tree.

Post a Comment