I always have such grand intentions for Christmas, and hardly ever end up executing them. This year, for example, I was aiming low and simply wanted to get cards out to everyone, and now it's less than a week before and they're definitely not going to make it in time. Little by little I'm trying to be better at sending things, but it seems that won't happen for this holiday...
On the flip side of that, I am incredibly blessed by the thoughtfulness of my friends and family. Christmas in Japan definitely does not feel the same as Christmas back home, but the love and consideration I receive feels even stronger. It can be rough, especially when listening to Christmas music in my car and Judy Garland croons out in Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas "someday soon we all will be together, if the fates allow. Until then we'll have to muddle through somehow" or when O Holy Night comes on and I miss singing in church on Christmas Eve.
But the bottom line is, thanks to everyone's kindness I know "I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams." Thank you for all of your support during my journey here. Every little thing, I truly do cherish <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I really love the photo that you used. Christmas was a blur this year for me, I'm not a fan of being duty bound to a retail job over spending time with loved ones during that time of year. I'm optimistic that next year will be different ^^
(Never feel bad for not mailing things, it's expensive and some of us are slugs on this end too and fail to send things back so.... sentiment is felt and that's all that really matters ^^ )
Post a Comment