I seriously seem to have lost steam in reading ;^; All I did was catch up on books this month...
(Roughly starting from when I arrived in Japan around August 3rd)
READ:
Chronicles of Elantra: Cast in Fury
Chronicles of Elantra: Cast in Silence
The Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero
Northanger Abbey
North and South
Daughter of the Forest
Mistborn: The Final Empire
Chronicles of Elantra: Cast in Chaos
The Name of the Wind
Green Rider
The Wise Man's Fear
Mistborn: The Well of Ascension
A Discovery of Witches
READING:
Mistborn: The Hero of Ages
First Rider's Call
STALLED:
Albrecht Durer: A Biography
DROPPED:
Cold Mountain
PLANNING TO READ:
The Third Kingdom
Ready Player One
Chronicles of Elantra: Cast in Ruin
(any and all of the eReader books I want to re-read)
Listened to:
The Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune
The Heroes of Olympus: The Mark of Athena
The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicles #2)
(Original rec. by Barry, Courtney, and Ryan)
Being the second in a not yet complete series, I must admit I stalled reading this to the end. This installment was filled with many distinct parts, or stories, and although they were all entertaining, I found myself merely burning through them so I could find the over-arching plot. I missed the point, though, since it’s supposed to be a story, and the plot is his reputation, which only grows with each new occurrence. I enjoyed it, but I can’t help thinking the third (and supposedly final book) is going to be less detailed in stories and more plot driven in order to get him through the interim years to when he’s telling his tale in the first place. (ha, wow, and despite how critical that review sounded, I really like this series...)
Mistborn: The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2)
(Original rec. by Valerie)
Also the second book, but in an already completed trilogy. I admit, I was frustrated with the lead characters for the first half of the book, since they seemed to be acting too sappy and not naturally. But as more was revealed about their inner struggles with the decisions being made, I felt at home with them again. Yet even in the midst of my frustration, I appreciated how delicately the author wove things together. The careful placement of information and revelation kept the tempo exciting and the story engaging.
Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1)
(Yes, I realize I posted about this last time while it was stalled... but after finishing the two other "primary" books (books lent or referred by a friend, or books that feel as if they have precedence over re-reads...) I finished it off while nested in a cloud, listening to a veritable symphony of rain sounds, and drinking doses of tea. Refer to this post for reasons behind re-reading it.)

0 comments:
Post a Comment