When asked what 体育祭 meant in English, I usually would reply with "'Athletic Festival'; think Field Day, but with a more competitive air..."
Let me just say that that is a gross understatement.
What I discovered was less "school event" and more "WE SHALL BE VICTORIOUS".
Student Council banner with their President carrying the Shimizhu JHS flag before them
Class 1A (7th grade) Color: White
Class 1B (7th grade) Color: Orange
(Fun fact: the 2nd years' classes got shuffled this year, when usually classes stuck together from 1st grade to 9th grade, so even though their colors were yellow and green, respectively, Class 2A and 2B themed their posters with both yellow and green to show their unity to each other)
Through the final relays and points calculations, many tears were shed by the 3rd years as their final 体育祭 came to an end. Regardless of who were "winners" and who were "losers", everyone had been victorious.
"I gathered my thoughts and set out on a trail, into the woods wearing sword and chain-mail; I started to whistle and walk to the beat that my heart plays constantly on repeat..."
0 comments:
Post a Comment