Whenever she had thought of “living abroad”, images of sprawling Italian country
sides, beautiful courtyards, and charming townsfolk would spring to her mind’s
eye. Oh, that and a girl with a bike. It wasn’t as if she idealized Italy or
had a strong inclination to live there (even though I’m sure it’s lovely and I
hear the food is excellent), the
romantic view of travel just seemed easiest to fulfill there. Some where it
would be easy to return to a simpler way of life—or at least easier to
disconnect from the complications of modernity. She’d hoped to be whisked away
someplace remote, to a place nestled in nature with its own little quirks.
Oh the ways that God answers even un-said prayers:
| The Kindness of Strangers. Literally bringing food to her door. |
| And it was delicious. |
| Miso Soup and onigiri made from scratch |
| Main street, the Post Office, and conbini! |
| Main street opposite direction (with suspicious youth... except he wasn't suspicious in himself; rather he seemed suspicious of the foreigner aiming a camera in his direction...) |
| Clock tower that chime's at lunch (noon) and at 5pm to call the children back to dinner |
| The Shimizu Town Cultural Center with the offices for the Board of Education |
| Shimizu Town Library |
| Truly a magical place |
| Finding her Place in the World |
| Shimizu Town Shrine |
| Bridge at the end of the lane |
| Just around the riverbend... |
| mo-eep |

3 comments:
This was such a lovely post, Ashley! Really. Well crafted and I felt like I was right there in the town streets and forests with you ^-^
DO YOU HAVE A YELLOW BIKE? 83
Such a cute sleepy little hamlet of a town. Hahaha I was genuinely worried for a second when I saw the picture of miso makings, but I'm definitely glad you nailed it this time. Good grief that was awful last time haha.
Seemes to me all that you need now is a cat gang! >:3
Love it! I'm so excited to see where you're living. It's much less Ainu-y than I imagined Hokkaido to be XD
Post a Comment