Summer Book List (take VI: final)

Saturday, September 1, 2012


("Summer" having technically started on Friday, May 4th)

READ:
PLANNING TO READ:
The Eyes of the Dragon
The Talisman
Black House


"Carnival of Souls" is the second book by Melissa Marr I've read, and I liked it a lot better than "Wicked Lovely" (not that it was that bad ^^; ). Her use of multiple perspectives made the other world and creatures she created seem much more believable in their motivations, while still maintaining a mystery as to what was going to happen next. And I like not knowing~

Oh my goodness, Deborah Harkness PLEASE write the next book in the All Souls Trilogy soon, because "Shadow of Night" was amazing! Her way of weaving in historical facts and personas, as well as growing the main characters and answers to questions that lead to two more questions... It was quite the engaging read~

Oh Harry, how I missed your snappy comments! Re-reading the Sorcerer's Stone for the first time since grade school (and the movies were being churned out)  was a lot of fun! Everything went by much faster than I remembered it!

(a short caveat: I also read 18 books in the Old Testament (Deuteronomy-->Song of Solomon) and a seven part fanfiction, with each of the seven stories averaging the same number of pages as a Percy Jackson book (~130 pgs). I didn't add these during the updates, but they are the reason why there might have been differences in the amount of books I read each segment of the summer.)

There's a website I've started using called Goodreads.com that let's you track the books you've read and gives you recommendations for the different genres. I highly recommend it, it helps me satisfy the obsessive compulsive desire for cataloging (and we can be friends, if you want~).

0 comments:

Post a Comment