("Summer" having technically started on Friday, May 4th)
READ:
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Hunter’s Moon
Library Wars (vol 1-6)
Divergent
Wildwood Dancing
Percy Jackson: The Titans Curse
Ender's Game
American Gods
Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth
Percy Jackson: The Last Olympian
Trickster's Choice
READING:
Hunter’s Moon
Library Wars (vol 1-6)
Divergent
Wildwood Dancing
Percy Jackson: The Titans Curse
Ender's Game
American Gods
Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth
Percy Jackson: The Last Olympian
Trickster's Choice
READING:
PLANNING TO READ:
Anansi Boys
Fire
Graveyard Book
Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero
Heroes of Olympus: The Son ofNeptune
Fire
Graveyard Book
Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero
Heroes of Olympus: The Son ofNeptune
More…?
(soooooo, I am fully aware I probably won't get all of the "planning to read" books knocked out before school starts, but I also don't know which I'm going to choose yet? Especially since the next Heroes of Olympus book is coming out this fall...)
(I never thought I'd read this many books this summer, hahaha, I must have really been making up for lost time~)
Also. I hate formatting.
(Edit 8/04/12 to include book review):
I'm not as enamored with Neil Gaiman as some, perhaps, but I do like his style of writing. So far I've read "Stardust", "Good Omens", and "Neverwhere" by him, so I was excited to add "American Gods" to the list. while it was a bit coarse for my taste, I've encountered that before in Stephen King's book so it didn't put me off too much. It was especially interesting to read this tale while reading the Percy Jackson books since both deal with the presence of all of the different ancient deities being around and having influence on the present world. The main character was amazing, though, and that doesn't always happen.
I read the last two Percy Jackson books "Battle of the Labyrinth" and "The Last Olympian" back to back (naturally). I've decided that I really like the series (which I felt from the first book, haha) and find it adorable how the characters have grown up over the course of the series~
Oh "Trickster's Choice", how I love thee and thy sequel. Although I had planned to only read new books this summer, I found a pristine copy of TC at the same used book sale as "Ender's Game" also for under a dollar! And even though the first time I read this I rushed and got frustrated at the pacing sometimes, the second time reading it really made me realize how much I love this story.
(I never thought I'd read this many books this summer, hahaha, I must have really been making up for lost time~)
Also. I hate formatting.
(Edit 8/04/12 to include book review):
I'm not as enamored with Neil Gaiman as some, perhaps, but I do like his style of writing. So far I've read "Stardust", "Good Omens", and "Neverwhere" by him, so I was excited to add "American Gods" to the list. while it was a bit coarse for my taste, I've encountered that before in Stephen King's book so it didn't put me off too much. It was especially interesting to read this tale while reading the Percy Jackson books since both deal with the presence of all of the different ancient deities being around and having influence on the present world. The main character was amazing, though, and that doesn't always happen.
I read the last two Percy Jackson books "Battle of the Labyrinth" and "The Last Olympian" back to back (naturally). I've decided that I really like the series (which I felt from the first book, haha) and find it adorable how the characters have grown up over the course of the series~
Oh "Trickster's Choice", how I love thee and thy sequel. Although I had planned to only read new books this summer, I found a pristine copy of TC at the same used book sale as "Ender's Game" also for under a dollar! And even though the first time I read this I rushed and got frustrated at the pacing sometimes, the second time reading it really made me realize how much I love this story.

1 comments:
but it looks so nice now that you formatted it~ ;3
seriously though, bravo. that's a nice list of accomplishments.
Post a Comment