"We Could Break These Chains Together"

Saturday, June 4, 2011


So I'll leap from the edge
Knowing nothing of the fall
How much time do we have before the end
As the world rushes in
I'm compelled to look back home
And I'm finally conscious of how this began
The beginning of a lifetime
In the chains of the leaper's end
- "The Leaper" by Deas Vail


You say this constant change in plans
Is tossed about in plastic hands
Don't you feel that?
And though we're out here on our own
We're a thousand miles from home
We could make it, and we could take this in our hands

We could fall between these lines if you would work with me
I could pull you from this cellar, we could break these chains together
And you'll become just what you were always meant to be
From this darkness we're escaping
As we're climbing from the belly of the sea
-"Life in These Little Boats" by Deas Vail

Why is it that in the midst of chaos- a cacophony of voices; signs pointing every which way- that these words should reverberate so clearly with in her?


1 comments:

ktea said...

Sometimes, music is what gets us through.
Take Seabird's Jargon for instance:

The days you said you were smarter
We knew you were harder
They're over

And the days, you told us to grow up,
told us to shut up, they're over

But I promise the words that you said,
stuck in our heads
They'll come back to haunt you,
to taunt you

Keep you from sleeping, keep you from eating

I promise
The times, you made us look stupid
Made us feel useless, they're over.

Post a Comment